DCB Construction is a great place to work. We are an organization assembled with driven, competitive, highly-skilled individuals. Check out our current opportunities & submit your resume today!
Position: General Laborer
The primary function of a General Laborer (GL) is to actively perform general labor duties at the direction of the supervisor he/she is assigned. The GL is expected to actively work with standard, gas powered, and electrical construction tools. The physical duties of a GL can include working below ground level and at various heights, both indoors and out. This position entails a great amount of lifting and bending, and it shall be the responsibility of the Laborer to follow and comply with all safety practices in accordance with dcb’s Safety Policy and OSHA Standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The GL’s duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following activities in accordance with dcb’s construction policies and procedures, or as directed by the Superintendent.
- Utilize and actively work with standard hand tools including shovels, picks, brooms, wheelbarrows, 12 pound and smaller sledgehammers, utility knives, etc.
- Utilize and work with electric power tools including roto-hammers, impact wrenches, drill motors, water pumps, etc.
- Utilize and work with pneumatic hammers and up to 110-pound jackhammers.
- Utilize and work with gas powered tools including jumping jacks, vibratory plates, demolition saws, generators, water pumps, etc.
- Climbing or working from a ladder or scaffold, etc.
- Digging, backfilling, compaction, demolition, clean-up, grouting, lifting, carrying, packing materials or equipment.
- Fueling of equipment
- Use of company vehicles for material pickup and deliveries
In special cases the GL may be directed by a supervisor to perform duties not routinely specified above. These assignments shall be carried out in an efficient and expeditious manner.
The GL is required to provide his/her own proper work attire including acceptable safety shoes or work boots (tennis shoes are not allowed), and gloves.
Position: Project Superintendent
The primary function of the Project Superintendent (PS) is to fully comprehend and carry out successful execution of each contract, subcontract, work order, and purchase order work directive. The PS will coordinate and control all labor, equipment, and materials associated with projects from the initial groundbreaking through owner acceptance and occupancy. The PS will also direct and assume responsibility for all field construction functions on assigned projects including accurate, economic implementation, and timely completion/close-out of each project.
The PS is required to have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of subcontracts, work orders, purchase orders, and other documents pertinent to the workplace. Documentation of all project related activities from start to completion is required of the person in this position. It is critical that the PS provide quality workmanship to every dcb client and still be able to meet the demands of quality control and project schedules. The PS is responsible for management of field personnel and shall be held accountable for strict enforcement of dcb policies on safety, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity on each project he/she supervises. The PS is considered a co-leader of the project team and will maintain a teamwork relationship with the Project Manager (PM).
Education and Experience:
A minimum of 5 years of successful field experience in a supervisory role. The person in this position must excel in the areas of scheduling and supervising daily jobsite activities, quality control, and jobsite safety policies. The PS must also have a solid background in the administrative aspects of project supervision, possess team building skills, and be able to successfully supervise multiple tasks and employees at the same time. The PS will be certified in first aid and CPR, and be familiar with OSHA and HAZMAT policies and procedures.
The Project Superintendent must have a full working knowledge of all field related work activities that will include soil testing procedures, survey, material take-offs, concrete, structural erection as well as all other construction related tools and equipment. In addition, the Project Superintendent should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, Project software.
The primary function of the Estimator is to assist in estimating efforts for preconstruction services on assigned select bid and negotiated design build projects. The Estimator will be responsible for accurate conceptual budgeting through the final GMP. Emphasis will be on conceptual estimating and budgeting, value engineering, scheduling, quantity survey, bid document preparation, and analysis. The Estimator will attend preconstruction meetings with the project team, including the Architect, owner and consultants.
- Thoroughly review and understand project bidding documents; distribute RFI’s to the design team.
- Identify and solicit appropriate subcontractors and suppliers for projects using Building Connected.
- Prepare comprehensive scope comparison documents for analyzing subcontractor and supplier proposals; build Bid Binders for project executive to share with the client.
- Perform material quantity take-offs using On-Screen Take-off software.
- Analyze all subcontractor and supplier proposals for completeness and fulfillment of project requirements; assist in risk analysis and work load due diligence.
- Prepare estimates using Timberline Estimating software & Excel spreadsheets.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Self-starter who works well under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, (generally, 3-5 projects at various stages).
- Accurate, detailed and well organized.
- Team oriented; motivated to grow personally & professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoys working with designers, engineers and consultants on establishing solutions.
- Hand thorough estimates off to project managers and assist them when needed throughout project duration.
- Manage subcontractor database, keeping information current, while continually seeking to develop new relationships.
- Ability & motivation to communicate regularly with subcontractors, delivering a compelling interest in their work and questions regarding dcb projects.
Education and Experience:
A degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is desired. The ideal candidate will have between 2 and 5 years of experience preparing commercial general contractor estimates for both hard bid and negotiated market. Field engineering experience, although not required, is beneficial for this position. Experience in all divisions of work or previous work experience with a GC is desired, but not essential. Field experience may substitute education in certain situations.
Position: Project Engineer (PE)
The project engineer (PE) bridges the boundaries between engineering and project management. The PE acts as a liaison between the project manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. A PE’s responsibility includes, developing submittal logs and tracking deliverables, reviewing submittals, issuing RFI’s, soliciting pricing for and preparing change orders, issuing change orders, coordinating construction activities, procurement of materials, assist in generating and updating project schedules, conducting owner training, and generating and compiling project close-out documentation. The PE is responsible for assisting the assigned project manager with all aspects of a project as directed.
Excellent accounting, verbal and written skills are essential. The PE’s Position entail a variety of Tasks that may include, but not to be limited to, coordination of the implementation of a project, ensuring it is being built correctly; project schedules and forecasts; review of engineering deliverables; redlining drawings; bill of materials creation and maintenance; effective communications between engineering, technical, construction, and project controls groups; and assistance to the project manager.
The PE will be expected to practice professionalism, integrity, and courtesy at all times; participate in and contribute to the construction industry by developing the respect of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers, subcontractors, and the community. The PE is considered a representative of dcb, and will adhere at all times to our mission statement: “dcb Construction Company is a proud team of people working together. We are engaged in the design and construction of quality, well-managed commercial and industrial projects, built competitively and to the ultimate satisfaction of our clients.”
Position: Design Project Manager (DPM)
We are currently seeking a Design Project Manager to lead projects from site entitlements through move-in. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in commercial, retail and industrial type projects. Extensive background in the entitlement process and outstanding communication skills are a must for this important leadership position.
The ideal DPM will be a licensed architect or in the process of taking exams. The DPM must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Proficiency in Revit (minimum 3 years) with a solid background in building modeling is required. It is critical that the DPM have solid technical and detailing skills, as well as exceptional and creative presentation skills, utilizing diverse software programs. Sound knowledge of MEP building systems, building and energy codes is ideal. The DMP is considered a co-leader of the design team and will maintain a teamwork relationship with all departments.
The DPM will be expected to practice professionalism, integrity, and courtesy at all times; participate in and contribute to the construction industry by developing the respect of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers, subcontractors, and the community. The DPM is considered a representative of dcb, and will adhere at all times to our mission statement: “dcb Construction Company is a proud team of people working together. We are engaged in the design and construction of quality, well-managed commercial and industrial projects, built competitively and to the ultimate satisfaction of our clients.”